At Commonwealth Senior Living, we have seen over the years that people are waiting longer to begin their retirement lifestyle. The average age of retirement crept up from 65 to 67, and one in five Americans in their early 70s are still working, according to a recent Bloomberg article. So often we hear that seniors want to stay home as long as possible because they don’t necessarily need assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing or bathing. However, the burden of keeping up a home has become too much. Senior apartments are a wonderful solution for someone who simply wants a maintenance-free lifestyle. But what about those in-between? You may want a maintenance-free lifestyle, but you also need the support of a full staff should your needs eventually change. There is a customized program for those interested in this level of support called Independent Living Plus.
Independent Living Plus is designed for individuals who want a worry-free, active and independent lifestyle now, with access to additional assistance when/if needed . . . all without moving apartments or changing communities. These apartments include the following within a flat, monthly rate:
- All utilities included except telephone
- Emergency Call System with complimentary pendant and trained associates on duty 24 hours, 7 days per week, 365 days per year
- Three meals per day from our award-winning Farm to Table dining program
- Medication Management supported by licensed nurse and trained staff
- Daily opportunities to socialize and participate in a variety of activities
- Scheduled transportation and outings
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
All of this is included in one monthly fee plus the peace of mind in knowing that should your needs change, assisted living services are available for a fee dependent upon the amount of personal assistance required. No more moving boxes or worries about the future.