Each year, we invite our Executive Directors, Resident Care Directors, and Sales and Marketing Directors to Charlottesville for a conference designed around sharpening our skills, improving our resident experience, and recognizing those team members who have gone above and beyond to improve the lives of seniors and their families.
Improving the lives of seniors can be done in a myriad of ways. From evaluating a building to decide what types of improvements would make life more comfortable for our residents to guiding our associates in care and medical oversight, and of course, for the individual caregiver who takes each moment to ensure our residents feel loved, we were proud to present awards to 12 individuals and 2 teams this year. These individuals were nominated by their supervisors and peers and embody the Core Values which guide each of us daily.
- Associate of the Year- April Berry, Registered Medication Aide, Commonwealth Senior Living at Farnham
- Executive Director of the Year- Leigh Morehead, Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House
- Evolution Award- Reuben Canty, Executive Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at the West End
- Resident Care Director of the Year Runner Up- Lila Hall, Resident Care Director and Interim Executive Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at Abingdon
- Resident Care Director of the Year- Pat Pierce, Commonwealth Senior Living at The Ballentine
- Rising Star Award- Daphne Marshall, Sales and Marketing Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at The West End
- Dining Services Director of the Year- Jennifer Sinnott, Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House
- Maintenance Director of the Year- Rick Rodseth, Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House
- Programming Professional of the Year– Laura Redilla, Program Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House
- Business Office Manager of the Year- Denee Smith, Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House
- Home Office Associate of the Year- William Johnson, Vice President of Construction and Development
- Regional Support Associate of the Year– Bernadette Cavis, Regional Vice President, Hampton Roads
- Community Excellence Award– Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House
- President’s Club for Sales and Marketing Directors-
- Daphne Marshall, Commonwealth Senior Living at The West End
- Rose CiConta, Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall
- Chad Williams, Commonwealth Senior Living at Hampton
- April Theus, Commonwealth Senior Living at Churchland House
- Earnie Taylor, Commonwealth Senior Living at Christiansburg
- Kathy Gentry, Commonwealth Senior Living at Abingdon
Thank you to all the associates, residents, and families who spoke up and shared their feedback on these outstanding individuals. We are proud to have these professionals on our team and providing families with the comfort in knowing their loved ones are cared for 24 hours a day. If you have witnessed an associate going above and beyond, you don’t have to wait until next winter to recognize them. Please leave a review on your loved one’s community page mentioning them by name. We’ll be sure to applaud their efforts and thank them for their phenomenal service right away.